SRS MobiTracker – Mobile based Smart Tracking System
Everyone needs some kind of tracking facility to look after their vulnerable loved ones (Kids, elderly parents, pets, etc.) or precious assets (Car, bike, etc.). Cellular networks 4G are growing and dedicated SIM-enabled tracking sensors are very handy but not very common due to national telecommunication regulatory policies.Alternatively, the idea is extended and software based solutions (mobile apps) are introduced for smart phone with GPS-sensors. Such apps not only helps in locating the lost cell-phones but can also be used for tracking its carriers. Google’s Find My Device is a good example for reference. However, the major limitation of such solution is that the owner needs to initiate the query/search.
The key objective of this project is to develop a tracking system that shall transform a mobile with GPS sensor into a smart tracking device. The two main components includes mobile app and the central/cloud server. Mobile app needs to be installed on the target device and will help in sending the device current location data to the server when triggered or after certain time interval (time interval can be either fixed or dynamic depending upon how fast it’s moving). User can use any browser to view the location history on the web-server along with conventional on-demand/user-initiated real-time location tracking. The system shall also support geo-fencing e.g. the app must generate alerts (email, SMS, call etc.) when the devices/carriers goes out of the user-defined region.
Scope of Project FMobiTracker – Mobile based Smart Tracking System:
Project scope is the part of project planning that involves determining and documenting a list of specific project goals, deliverables, tasks, costs and deadlines. Defining the project scope involves adopting a clear vision and an agreement on the outcomes of the project. This allows each milestone of the project to stay on target
Functional and Non Functional Requirements of MobiTracker – Mobile based Smart Tracking System:
Functional Requirements :
A functional requirement shows that what the system must do what services the system present to users. It describes a software system or its component. A function is nothing but inputs to the software system, its behavior, and outputs
Functional Requirements of MobiTracker – Mobile based Smart Tracking System:
1. User registration on the Web-server.
2. Enable users to register their mobile devices.
3. Enable users to see online/offline status of their registered mobile devices.
4. Enable users to view the location history of selected mobile device along with real-time
location tracking over Google map.
5. Enable users to define/create geo-fences and specify their preferred notification method.
6. Android app that shall send device location data to the Web-sever.
7. Android app shall be able to run the background.
8. Synchronize user setting on Android app and Web-server.
9. Generate conditional alerts/notifications (email, SMS, call etc.) e.g. when device goes out
of user-defined region or get disconnected.
Note: students shall also consider and develop mechanism to ensure smooth working of the
desired system e.g. adjust GPS location update frequencies, handle GPS location errors, etc.
NON-FUNCTIONAL REQUIREMENTS MobiTracker – Mobile based Smart Tracking System:
- Application is user friendly.
- Application Perform fast manipulation and calculations.
- Application is adaptable.
- Application will be able to work on all types of operating systems.
- Application will be capable to handle multi user activities simultaneously.
- There will be back up system to face any problem in system
- All the options should be learning friendly I.e. member could easily understand what that option will do if he clicked on it.
- Response Time is very awesome.
Some others are:
- Fault Tolerance.
Use Case Diagram of Diagnosis of MobiTracker – Mobile based Smart Tracking System
a use case diagram can summarize the details of your system’s users and their interactions with the system. Scenarios in which your system or application interacts with organizations, people, or external systems. Goals that your system or application helps those entities achieve
Usage Scenarios Diagnosis of MobiTracker – Mobile based Smart Tracking System:
A brief user story explaining who is using the system and what they are trying to accomplish. A Scenario is made up of a number of simple, discrete steps that are designated as being performed by either the System or a User.
ADOPTED METHODOLOGY for MobiTracker – Mobile based Smart Tracking System:
The adopted methodology for this project is vu process model. Vu process model is a combination of water-fall model and spiral model. This combination has many advantages. This model has high risk analysis so avoidance of risk would be achieved. This model is easy to understand and use. Now first we will discuss the Water-fall model.
Work Plan of Diagnosis of MobiTracker – Mobile based Smart Tracking System:
for complete srs contact us